Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Game on

 Finally getting a chance to try these rules out-

The Roman point of view. Four skirmishers, three spear, one archer and one mixed camel/infantry counting as infantry. Officer commanding with spear unit.
The Raiders. One elephant,four spear and five skirmishers.
The view from the side lines.
The rules by J from here. https://pampersandp.blogspot.com/
I will let you know how it goes…
End of the first turn, Romans won initiative.


6 comments:

  1. Nice set up. At Maudlin Jack Tar's blog I only found the campaign rules. Was the complete rules posted in one of his blogposts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely old figures and so nice to see your restored Elephant back in action - let me know how you found the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted a copy for anyone who's interested
      https://pampersandp.blogspot.com/2026/08/simple-one-page-rules.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing them. I will take a look at them.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with the new troops and rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan,

    There’s proper charm in seeing those classic figures back in action, and that restored elephant looks marvellous.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete