Saturday, 3 October 2026

Still here

 Still here. Black Dog and lethargy marked the week. The 1848;SH figures turned out badly , again. I persevered for a bit then put them away. Maybe try another time or pass them on.

An enjoyable meal at my eldest’s yesterday evening and a chance to bond with the splendid Brian the Cat.🐈‍⬛ . He is an engaging , independent fellow.

Picked up the Steel Fist 15th C Swiss, Assembled them and started painting. They are lovely sculpts.
Diverting myself with some hobby related reading.
Solo game never happened, even though l tried to mix things up a tad.
First game  for ages against real life opponents was a disaster yesterday. Naively l had quipped to my daughter that l was sure that the old argumentative spectre would not return. How wrong l was , it was just rules quibbling one after another with the low point being a 45 minute “discussion “ around moving one unit! All joy was squeezed from the game and a husk of lead, felt and plastic was all that remained.

Apologies for this diatribe, not what one needs over breakfast. I will pick myself up, dust myself off and soldier on…

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you've had a rough week Alan. Its probably a good thing to let it all out on a blog post and move on. Hopefully this weekend will bring some joy. I like Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you can put that week behind you and the forthcoming one will be better. The Steel Fist figures look really nice, great miniatures. Sorry to hear about the SH project not going the way you wanted, always a shame when things turn out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the black cat will charm the Black Dog away …

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely cat!
    The 2 latest we had were black too.
    I whish your coming week will be better than your last one.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian looks very entertaining. Great name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you were quiet on the VWC.
    Best to put it all behind you. Do something that appeals and....be more cat! (Or is that be more Brian?)
    BTW, don't know if you were on when Bob mentioned this book:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forging-First-Fantasy-Wargame-Companion/dp/B0HJ64Y9P9?ref=silk_bia

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your figures turned out badly and your real life wargame turned into such a disaster. Also the return of the "black dog".
    Brian the black cat looks lovely, though.
    I hope the Swiss turn out better, and Brian marks a turn for the better as well! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking cat - shame about the FtF game - very topical with the latest post from Jon at PWJ......

    ReplyDelete