Thursday 8 December 2011

Storm and Impetus




Fife and City of Edinburgh schools closed at lunchtime due to extreme weather. I had a horrendous journey over the Forth Rail Bridge in an over crowded train. The train crawled over the bridge and swayed in a way I have never known before. As a result we were all home by mid to later afternoon. The wind howls outside but we are cosy and safe for the night.
I am posting images of my completed Basic Impetus armies. The Scottish mythological includes amongst others- a base of kelpie,sidhe in chariot and on foot,a druidic shaman and the fachan.Note one of the "old things" as Kipling calls them- old gods who survive in diminised form.In this case it is the Dagda. The Highland/Islands army has skirmishers,armoured islesmen and fierce highlanders.
Those of you still to jouney home I wish you safe travel and a peaceful evening by your hearth.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you got home safely, and that you were able to use the extra free time to do something enjoyable.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan, the wind howls down here too (probably not as fiercly) and in the Attic the rain beats on the windows as middle son plays with Airfix figures on the floor. The fire flickers in the grate downstairs, so all in all pretty cosy. I love the army, and also glad to see you are a Kipling enthusiast ("do you like Kipling?" "I don't know I've never kippled.")I always felt a bit sorry for Weland in "Puck of Pooks Hill", another diminished god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little armies!
    I had read that there were strong winds in Scotland today.
    We get some pretty strong winds here, too.
    Glad to hear you got home safe (and early!)

    ReplyDelete