Friday 28 December 2012

Painting ...

One of the joys of this time of year is the chance to get a little more time to paint.I have no permanent place to lay out the work in progress  so sometimes I cannot be bothered to get out all that is necessary for the job. This morning I assembled the books etc needed to paint up some Pennsylvanian infantry from Fort Ligonier. I chose these splendid fellows for two reasons.Firstly I like the green coats faced red and secondly General Forbes lived in Dunfermline where we live. I enjoyed using for reference some Ospreys as well as a splendid American book I picked up in Foyles Bookshop in London in 1988. I loved the book at the time and it has given good service and joy over the years.

3 comments:

  1. Now they look like just the sort of books I'd like myself - real toy soldier inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Xmas break painting project

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your painting project my friend and I cant wait to see the results

    ReplyDelete