Monday 5 November 2018

What l am working on...

I am working on my 25mm ecw collection , partly shown in the photo above.They are Minifigs of various vintages but work together. The figures remind me of a stalled tyw project based on the army of Tilly l had on the go circa 1976. Using Gush’s renaissance book I drew the flags and painted the figures only to hit problems with the varnish which went white on flags and figures alike. Unperturbed l repainted but eventually gave them to a friend’s boyfriend who collected ecw Minifigs with his brother.

The current project contains figures l bought from eBay ( l like to retain their original paint job on normally ) as well as those l painted too. I have 28mm ecw Scots too but l still prefer these old school warriors. I have known this style of castings for over forty years and they seem the part for me. In looking back l move my collection forward so to speak.



12 comments:

  1. Tragardmastare,

    I love the look of the older Minifig figures, and these ECW ones look great.

    Good luck with this project,

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old Minifigs have a very OS appeal to them , looking forward to seeing them in action .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good.... and I agree with the others, Minifigs ECW have so much more charm than the modern ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered who has been bidding on the ECW Mini figs.There are some lovely figures, but the horses? a shame really.Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like the horses, nostalgia for me over accurate horses.
      Alan

      Delete
  5. That's a nice looking collection. Glad to see you're back in the saddle, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete