Little or no hobby work done. Yesterday l got up very early and half asleep decided to give an armoured car a coat of army painter wash as part of a giving it a grimy look. However l picked up the wrong pot of paint and started to cover it in black ! It was beyond wiping off and I will start again . Looked out my TYW books the other day including the Airfix guide , which l poured over a photocopy of The Imperialist chapter before getting the book . Last night had a wee go en famille looking at the Eclipse as we had done in 1999 when we had just moved into our home. Cloudy last night but fun.
The big hardback is an utter delight full of the most atmospheric illustrations l have ever seen. I recall coming in late from a night out , finding it had arrived when I had been out and pouring over the book for hours, entranced.The Wilson book l bought when I set up Tradgardland as a guide to how the HRE was organised. Heavy reading but fascinating. Wedge wood, an old friend of a book.
Carefully copied some of these for my circa late 70s Minifigs army of Tilly, whose ragged soldier bright musket appealed to me as an idea.
Not the best image in the world but l was pleased with what the pin hole viewer had achieved as I was back in 1999 with a similar device surrounded then by three enthusiastic wee girls, time flies.










A great 1999 shot, then and now. Our experience in the SW here was curiously muted (colander did not do much) but curious crescent pattern shadows through the leaves onto outside white walls.
ReplyDeleteI think we’ve all had those half-asleep morning paint disasters—a total nightmare, but starting fresh is part of the fun. Lovely to see those atmospheric books out for inspiration, too!
ReplyDeleteCheers, Andy