Tuesday, 8 September 2026

The other model railway show photos

 Here are the other photos l took at the Edinburgh Model Railway show on Saturday-

This and the next few photos are from a layout called Colinton, an area of Edinburgh l know well and grew up less than a couple of miles from.

The building on the backdrop is an iconic one and one I have known since childhood, as is the bridge.
Colinton Station . The railway is no more sadly but you can walk along where it was as it is now a footpath.

I really liked the trams and other vehicles on this Edwardian layout.
Beautiful trains too.

The figure modelling was great and told  a story well.
One young man’s creation and splendid it was too.

Finally a continental layout with excellent scenery and this fine looking train?

This one sneaked on , bridge was super as was the weathering on the loco.
That’s it, trains over for the present.


4 comments:

  1. Very cool - trains and railways were never quite my thing but my dad loved them and he built a simple oval track layout for me to play with trains when I was very young - 4-8 ish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Alan. Lovely layouts. I really love those layouts that manages to capture old memories.

    ReplyDelete