Thursday, 24 September 2026

Change of direction 2

 

Some inspiration from an old magazine featuring a splendid game put on by those splendid fellows- The Continental Wars Society.
Looked out the background reading and uniform details for the painting.
A list compiled of the figures l currently own. Pendraken 28mm.
The box unpacked and sorted out a bit.


So here we are , a few figures currently on the painting table, ideas for rules forming and a wee project begins…

12 comments:

  1. An interesting project, I have looked at the Pendraken figures and they do look really good. Some different looking units that should look great on the table. Look forward to see how this goes forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an excellent range. As you say something different for the tabletop.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. This change of direction start to looks more like a 'change of scales' as you're still fielding 'Danes'. This blogpost intrigued me to do some uniform research for the 'First Schleswig War'. Interesting results and great variations:

    https://www.chakoten.dk/galleri-2-1-slesvigske-krig/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascinating period. Chakoten always have interesting material on their website, is there a Norwegian equivalent?
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately not. Luckily Danish and Norwegian history is so close that Chakoten is useful from a Norwegian point of view as well.

      Delete
  3. Your book recommendations remind me they are on my shelves. Some inspiring uniforms. I look forward to seeing the project develop. Are you going for the gloss toy soldier look or the matt and dusty effect?
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still not certain where to go paint wise, probably glossy and dusty effect.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, should be fun.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. Lovely update, Alan! A grand choice of period—the Schleswig wars have such distinctive uniforms and brilliant tactical scenarios.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Great uniforms and interesting battles , think I am onto something.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 15mm for the war but bought some of the Pendraken range for a wider 1848 project but haven't got round to painting them.. I first became interested in this and a number of little known wars when I read Kannik's Military Uniforms a lifetime ago. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete