Sunday 5 March 2017

Heinz etc

Tomorrow will see my Heinz birthday and Tuesday would have been Jan's 55th. It is a mixed time for us here. When Jan and I first met it seemed a splendid conceit for us to have birthdays on following days but over time it  felt like it would have been more fun to spread the fun out over the year.
57 varieties seems an appropriate number - the number of projects I have currently on the go hobby wise :), the diversity of books around me as I type and of course my age.Also I must say that there are 57 and more blogs which I read regularly for entertainment,enjoyment and inspiration.
The girls made a splendid meal last night and I look forward to presents today including the latest John Curry book on Lionel Tarr. Tomorrow and Tuesday will see me thankfully in work with the 57 varieties ( no offence meant) that make up a school. 57 not out I say!
p.s anyone watching SS GB on BBC1? I found it a tad slow at the start but have warmed to it greatly.
p.p.s does anyone recall a novel about Britain losing the war and people being sent over from Canada(?) as agents to the fallen UK? I really enjoyed it years ago and would like to read it again.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday... I have one in a while as well.. SS GB very good, enjoying it also and not only because of the fragrant Kate... can't help with you the book, but the other on a similar theme was my favourite book of last year.."Dominion".. excellent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan,
    Happy 57th Birthday - with many more joyous ones ahead of you.
    I'm older than you are though certainly don't feel it with Gaming Projects underway Retirement is most enjoyable. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Alan. I hope it's a great day.

    My Heinz is coming up in August. As unfocused as I am, I don't think I have nearly 57 irons in the gaming projects fire, but definitely a wide variety of books.

    I'll say a prayer for Jan at mass today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tradgardmastare,

    Happy Birthday for tomorrow ... and may you have many more!

    I am currently Heinz+10, so you have a few years to go before you will reach my venerable age and state of decrepitude!

    I am sure that you will enjoy the Lionel Tarr book: I did, and it revitalised my own interest in doing an Operation Barbarossa campaign at some time in the not too distant future.

    SS-GB has been a bit of a slow burner, but as the second episode progressed, things began to speed up. I read the story many years ago,, and enjoyed it. I hope that the TV series is as good.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Happy Returns Of The Day ! , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's wishing you a happy birthday and many more to come!

    I passed my 57th birthday a few years ago. I agree with KEV; retirement IS most enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many Happy Returns Alan

    My next birthday is just a month away and don't I feel old now. Doesn't keep me in though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Alan, and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday a couple of days late!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes - Happy (belated) birthday! I hope you and your family had a good time.
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete