Friday 4 August 2017

Games

A visit from the Forbodian ambassador yesterday resulted in my first game of Command and Colours.
A most enjoyable game ensued and I would really like to try C&C again.
I have been re-reading this article again and hope to give it a go with some Lone Star  knights -

Charles Grant suggested 54mm Greenwood and Ball but for me the knights of my youth were either Lone Star or Britains. I have recently bought these toy knights I recall from the 1960s as my own ones have sadly gone. More are ordered including some that once were given away in Kellog's cereal .

6 comments:

  1. That last point certainly helps explain all the cornflakes on your table.
    Good to see you yesterday. On to Leipzig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a certain joy to adult gaming with one's old childhood toys (even if replacements). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Command and Colours is a good game and I also had many Britains knights as well. Can remember seeing them lined up in the Hobby shop a good few years back now.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely knights. I had the one on the left with the big axe too! Britain's Swoppets were my favourites. Cereal packets used to have fantastic toys in them - well they seemed fantastic at the time - and printed things to cut out and make. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the submarines you filled with baking powder to make them rise and fall in the water. I also remember cardboard soldiers on the back of packets to cut out .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one surviving Marx 54mm knight from my early childhood; I really ought to paint him up and mix him in with the Accurate and Airfix knights we use. The Fracas at Bray rules look like they ought to work well...

    ReplyDelete