Sunday 22 May 2022

Gone West again

 My three daughters were in Glasgow on Friday night to see Miles Kane at the O2 Academy. I went through yesterday to meet them for brunch here- https://thesingl-end.co.uk/ near the Art School.


It was my first time there and I was most impressed,excellent food, service and atmosphere. Passed this terrific building nearby-



Finally saw this advert -


It brought back loads of memories. My father got free tickets for the Highland Show and as a small boy I loved to go with him. I enjoyed the animals, clambering over the big machinery and getting free hospitality in the pavilions.  Always something fascinating to see it was a great day out 

Not a lot of hobby time but did mange to get an elf on a base. More anon…


4 comments:

  1. Great photos... the Highland Show used to be a regular school trip for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoyed another trip to the West! Excellent school trip.
      Alan

      Delete
  2. That's a terrific art-deco building. Glad you had the time with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hidden gem and new to me. It was good to be altogether again for a wee outing.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete