Sunday 5 February 2023

Plastic fantastic day

 Spent much of today and yesterday evening working on 28mm ECW Scots. My regular opponent has got his New Model Army ( Essex miniatures from way back) out and is considering buying Royalist opponents. I thought l would get in on the act with what I can find of my Scots , supplemented by new Warlord Figures.  I hadn’t made up the Warlord plastics before and found them not too difficult to put together using plastic kit glue. They blend in well with my old  figures, of which there are more somewhere in the shed but goodness alone knows where. I listened to the Stalingrad episodes of  “We have ways of making you talk” much of the time. The day has flown by . Here are a few work in progress shots-






6 comments:

  1. I do find gluing plastic figures together very therapeutic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but sometimes l find getting the arm ,without the hand into the musket with two hans attached , a tad fiddly. If you know what I mean.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. One day the missing Shedquarters regiments will re-emerge at a crucial point and swing the balance or save the day ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. I have done both the lancers and Scots Covenanters kits by Warlord and agree, they are pretty simple to put together. Looking forward to seeing them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finding the process fine. I need to remember to use the non plastic cement when bonding plastic to metal . They are painting up well…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete