Sunday, 15 June 2014

Fathers Day in the Duchy


After Church  we came home to some splendid cinnamon buns and coffee accompanied by a beautifully made card and gifts. I was told which one to leave until last. It was heavy and hard and I  had no idea what it was. To my delight I encountered a wonderful frost proof ceramic plaque painted,researched and created by my daughters. They had gone onto my blog ,unknown to me, and done some research-
http://tradgardland.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/building-plans.html

and http://tradgardland.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/true-colours-shining-2.html

before coming  up with this-
Here seen with a Ducal standard bearer.
It will be fixed to outside of the the garden room/shed /yurt by Jan & the girls this week.Until them here is a preview of the plaque's position and the delighted owner of it.
Thanks my daughters for this- it is simply the best ever!

17 comments:

  1. Very nice ... and wonderfully unique.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top gift, well done daughters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! What a great gift from your daughters!

    I wonder if Stokes likes it...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a splendid and very thoughtful gift.

    I think Stokes really wants something like it - he's obviously incredibly keen... ;-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a corking gift! I do like ceramics of all types, but your very own plaque - you lucky fellow.

    ReplyDelete