Thursday 11 June 2020

Celt v Greek Portable Wargame

Rainy day in the Duchy and I was browsing through “ Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars “ by Duncan Head ( bought by me 10/1/83 and used ever since) when I came upon  on page 71 a description of the Galatian invasion of Greece in 279 BC. This campaign pitted Celtic warriors against mainly Greek skirmishers and a few hoplites. Something different I thought and set up the first of a few scenarios using the Ancient Portable Wargame rules. Here is the set up-

Battle report later. Here is a link to an article about the campaign-

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alan- Yet another compact battle on the way- you're certainly the Master of this with many interests showing. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to focus on one period, in fact I have no desire to do so. It is good to ring the changes.

      Delete
  2. WRG Armies of … series are still my 'go too' for ancient army info , never bettered I think .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true re bettered. Have been in regular use since I got them.

      Delete