Tuesday 22 September 2020

Tradgardland in the 1930s - uniform research...

 Today I have been researching Tradgardland uniforms of the 1930s My first sources were these books-

It is hard to find information as the Tojhusmuset in Tradgardstadt does not have as good range of publications as it’s illustrious Danish counterpart. Hence the need to rely on Danish and other sources.
I



The Duchy of Tradgardland tended to be conservative in uniforms, often seeming old fashioned by European standards, hence the look in the above photo. Other influences can be observed from the photos below which show the first khaki uniforms and the influence of Norwegian uniforms of the period. 


M









5 comments:

  1. Apologies for the look of this post blogger is frustrating me and my efforts at layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The uniforms do look to have Norwegian influences, heavy influences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good research on the uniforms mate, I always got the impression the Danes were influenced by the last war hence the dated uniforms from 1830 - 1939. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, fascinating things out there.

      Delete