Saturday 27 May 2023

Fridays : indoors and out

 Today saw a visit by G and R to play VBCW. R had never played and expressed a desire to try the period out. G kindly volunteered to umpire and I played-

The table and paraphernalia set out before the game.
I took the village people and R took the Swedes. There was less variety with the Swedes in terms of weaponry to keep track of,  ideal for a first game.
It was really a trial game but most enjoyable. Victory to R and thanks to G for umpiring. Great fun, another game soon I hope…
We even managed to have cake and coffee out in the sun at close of play. After my visitors had gone I opened a couple of parcels that arrived today-
The new supplement for The Silver Bayonet, a great read , full of gaming potential…
Some Wiglaf fifteens painted for me by http://glenbrookgames.co.uk.websitebuilder.prositehosting.co.uk/
They have turned out splendidly!
Finally last Friday l dug out a pond( to replace the aluminium formal raised one that ice and frost had destroyed the watertight seams of) and put in a plastic one-

I intend to make it wildlife friendly and it is very much a work in progress. I do so enjoy the sights and sound of water in the garden. I hope to plant round it , add stones to form a platform down to the water and perhaps get more aquatic plants.



4 comments:

  1. What rules did you use for VBCW? I'm looking at Xenos Rampant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rules are “Went th3 Day Well?” Available here-
      https://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/product/went-the-day-well/
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. James Shepherd29 May 2023 at 01:20

    Excellent series of posts! Tip for ponds, place a plastic or rubber ball or container into pond, if it freezes, the water will crush the ball before, it splits the pond liner.

    ReplyDelete