Monday 7 August 2023

This charming man etc

 Recently Brian C sent me a photo of some Elastolin Swedish soldiers. He rightly guessed l would be interested to see these composition made , tricorne hatted , twentieth century toy soldiers. I never knew of them at all although I have some composition Elastolin Swiss circa 1970. I looked on eBay to see if any were available and quite a few were- at a price beyond me. However there was a cheaper broken figure available. There and then I decided to give him a good home.

Saturday night when I arrived I found a wee box from Sweden behind the door. It contained this-



I am delighted by my purchase and he now stands on my painting desk shelf in a place of honour.


4 comments:

  1. Obviously he is both a gentleman and a veteran deserving of a medal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Bra! Det är verkligen en charmig soldat.
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete