Tuesday 1 August 2023

Work tray and plans

 I really enjoyed the end of the Ashes Test yesterday, exciting and grippingly engaging. As I listened l worked on these -

These arrived in my absence as part of an eBay lot. I was very taken with there Foundry friends. I am not entirely sure what to do with them but l couldn’t resist their charm. All suggestions welcome. The main reason for buying the lot was to get enough figures to make three elements of Franc Archers for my French Ordonnance dbm army. Here they are below beside three elements of partisan men I cobbled together before going on holiday, currently undergoing the process of acquiring their livery, sorry being painted. These will take me nicely over the 400AP threshold.
In other news…
This was my holiday reading-

There was a reason for looking out this Christmas present….
Just as Covid began I turned sixty and booked a holiday to see the big Van Eyck exhibition that year in Ghent. The holiday had to be cancelled. I always meant to go back and have continued to find Early Netherlandish Paintings and culture fascinating. I have been a longtime Burgundian fan and find that period in history so engaging . So finally l have taken the plunge and booked a few days in Bruges, mainly to see the art and buildings. Any handy hints from those who have visited before most welcome indeed



2 comments: