Wednesday 18 October 2023

Coffee Houses etc

 Regular readers of this blog know that I enjoy reading your blogs over coffee every morning. It is a small pleasure ( and has been for many years) that starts my day, each and every day. I get my coffee sent from here - https://www.origincoffee.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4bipBhCyARIsAFsieCxcCzzQPm9If4N1En1keUzs2bxly7bPSAZ4grDqsf4oNNrKgyurhMYaAvZ7EALw_wcB

Yesterday saw me in Leith with daughter number two visiting daughter number three. We met here-

I picked up this fascinating leaflet in the coffee shop.

The cafe is Printworks and I can thoroughly recommend both coffee and bramble/hazelnut brownies.
The girls went for a swim and l wandered back to the city centre via Krema books and Ancient Robot games  shop and a tram to Haymarket.
The above is a view of Leith and the below is the imposing old Customs House.
Seems to me that we should be adding coffee houses to our role playing games as well as on table top battlefields. Pubs are great but you can’t beat a good coffee shop!



6 comments:

  1. I love a good coffee house, and that looks a fine one! I got interested because of The Tatler and The Spectator, Addison and Steele etc - another 'retirement project' is to actually read the set of Spectators (c. 1711-13) that I have had for many years. All ties in with Marlborough period too, if you want a gaming connection. Good to see that Edinburgh was up with the trends in 1673..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds an excellent reading project. Edinburgh is always up with the trends😊
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. The irony of living in Seattle, supposedly a coffee mecca, is that we really don't have any great coffee houses. There have been some, but they haven't lasted. Starbucks tends to wipe them out either directly by buying them and dismantling them or indirectly by just pulling away customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s such a shame. I imagined it otherwise. Hopefully it will change…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Just ordered some coffee on your recommendation, also bought a load of Marks little soldiers. You're my go to influencer. Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to influence your hobby and coffee purchasing. Do tell us how you get on with both.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete