Wednesday 16 October 2024

Between the mess and the …

 There isn’t a huge lot of hobby progress to report. I started a small number of painting projects but they fell by the wayside. I have caught up with friends which was excellent and began to sort things-


I have been overwhelmed by piles of stuff that seem to build up like weeds choking my enthusiasm for the hobby and anything. So l bought some storage boxes and decided what was to be binned, what was to be stored away, what was to be kept at hand and what was to be worked on. Tidying under my painting desk has allowed me to store the figures there l want to work on in the coming months. They are at hand, to mind and are a manageable amount. Other things are put aside physically and mentally for another day. This has helped also to streamline my bedroom a bit which has made it a place on the way to becoming a positive relaxing environment. On other matters-

Excellent coffee etc at Soderberg in Edinburgh, highly recommended.
For football minded folk a fascinating banner at the back of the church in Edinburgh as part of their 250 year celebrations.
Can’t resist a wee house plant , especially those with fine , interesting leaves.
Just bought one of my favourite books as an audiobook. Well , well worth a listen to, or even a read.
Oh l nearly forgot to mention my plans re working on figures. Taking my 1790 Tradgardland project forward with a few units, vignettes etc ready for painting. Finishing off what needs to be done for my MLS collection from last year and looking at some skirmish solo gaming using a variety of rules. Some work on 54mm or 40mm figures.That’s the plan, if I stick to it great , if l don’t no worries, it is a hobby and meant to be fun.


5 comments:

  1. Nice style, Alan. Often the first step to progress is organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sentence says it all. The week here is similar in ringing the bell for reorganized mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have a clear out of my workroom every couple of months as it becomes overwhelming. As you have done storage boxes are a godsend.


    Willz.


    ReplyDelete