Monday, 17 August 2026

A bit like Gondolin

 I was inspired by this picture and a find in the shed ( another two Mythical Earth dragons, ta BC) to do a sort of  Gondolin inspired battle and return to the First Age of Middle Earth. Set it up this morning-

I have always really liked this illustration and found it one where you see something more every time you look at it.

The elves arrayed for battle…
The Elvish Lord ( hero ) and mysterious Red Wizard ( my addition cause l just found him , ta BC again) ready to lead the army.
Close up of the Balrog and his three dragons.
Wolves on the flanks waiting to get tore into the elves.
A steady line of elves wait for the onslaught bows at the ready.
I intend to play this over the coming week. Finally a shout out to 
for the rules !


3 comments:

  1. Nice set up for an interesting game, Alan.
    I'd guess I'll have to take a look at Maudlin Jack's rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff Alan! Tabling three dragons is VERY impressive.
    I've always enjoyed this picture too, especially the Balrog herding dragons, and the Orc (front left hand page) with the big pack on his back who is looking at the viewer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the game, commander! The fantasy Portable Wargame is a great set of rules 🙂👍.

    ReplyDelete