Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Old photos found

 Found these old photos in a charity shop the other day tucked in an old book. Sadly nothing written on the back of any regarding their provenance.



Any further information most welcome. I am keen to learn more about them and the game or childhood they pertain to.


12 comments:

  1. Ha ha, the gridded cloth, trees and houses look suspiciously like your own table from your previous post. Are you teasing us a little here?
    It does look nicely 'old school,', right out of Grant or Featherstone books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will find my previous post was my attempts to recreate the old photos with antique and junk shop finds plus a little imagination.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
    2. Sorry Alan, I may have spoiled the fun by answering too quickly, though I see others were not too far behind...
      They are lovely pics anyway, reminiscent of childhood indeed! One of these days I need to replay Grant's 'Action at Twin Farms'. with my old Airfix Germans, and use b&w pics like these..

      Delete
    3. No problem.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Nice try, but I think David has the right of it and the troops are remerkably like yours too.
    Perhaps if you had posted the pics the other way round with these first....
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously l got figures in a style similar to the old photos and found similar folk art scenery.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks suspiciously like the setup from your previous post. Even down to the Peco background....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been busy in creating the look , or not.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. It's not April yet is it? Confused of Nottingham....☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Failed attempt to get some creative fluff from readers in terms of made up history to photographs.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Looks like an action from the War between Sirienia and Rottenberg circa 1922? Rottenberg troops crossing the frontier in early April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to me they are from the second childhood many of us enjoy. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete