Today is eleven years since Jan died. I think the below is an appropriate post for the day. Firstly it is a kind of follow up to this-
http://tradgardland.blogspot.com/2024/12/gift-thirty-years-on.html
Some new recruits came in from Steel Fist Miniatures recently to the DuchyTwo of the figures are based on my favourite illustrations from the book in the post in the link . I have always found them fascinating and always felt they should appear on the table top, l thought by converting.
I was amazed to see these when browsing through the Steel Fist Miniatures pages recently. I just had to buy them! This l duly did and l was delighted to say the very least .
Here is a size comparison with another SFM ( they are heroic scale as some call them) alongside a Citadel or Perry ( ?) pair of figures.
So today l will work on the aforementioned two figures, think of happy times shared with Jan and see the girls later. I will post a picture of the figures in due course. Along with other from SFM , yet to be bought, they will be part of a wee side skirmish project set in the period of the Burgundian Wars.





❤️
ReplyDeleteInteresting figure poses and a great link back to a memorable gift and giver.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing them all done... thats a great illustration. Hope today goes well
ReplyDeleteCherish the good memories.
ReplyDeleteThe Steel Fist miniatures look good to fulfil your vision from the well loved book.
Stephen
In Fred Tout's book 'Tank', he says something along the lines of 'time like the sea washes away the silt of memory leaving only the gold behind'.
ReplyDeleteStephen
Oh my how time flies, but the memories linger
ReplyDeleteA sad anniversary Alan.
ReplyDeleteAs long as we remember them, they live on in our memories.
Neil
Savour the memories Alan and enjoy your family as much as possible. great figures.
ReplyDelete"So today l will work on the aforementioned two figures, think of happy times shared with Jan and see the girls later."
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good way to pass the day and honor Jan's memory. Enjoy the minis, the memories, and your girls.
Dear Alan, I can only echo what others have said. All the best.
ReplyDeleteEric