Sunday 19 July 2015

Update

Weather in Tradgardland has been disappointing of late and the garden could be much further on.I am a tad tired of rain and high winds trashing the garden.
I have not blogged for a while as my mojo has gone a bit off- flitting restlessly from project to project making little headway on any.
I have been reading a little- mainly late 19th and early 20th century ecclesiastical history focused around Anglo- Catholicism and Anglo- Papalism. You can't go far wrong with Martin Travers!
I had an enjoyable dbm game with my regular opponent ( now retired) of Saxons v Romano Brits which ended in a draw.I have been sorting things for the Charity Shop,having coffee with Jan (whose treatment is doing it's job and whose attitude/spirit/energy never fails to amaze and impress me) as well as contending with stripping wallpaper from stubborn  en-suite walls and  suffering annoyingly high estimates/bills from tradesmens/companies over sundry items/services.
I pre-ordered some rules from Amazon at the end of May.Can you guess what-

Yes that's correct- Frostgrave. I did not buy into the Nickstarter as I did not want to outlay lots of money on the rules and figures. I have enjoyed  the last  few day ferreting through my boxes for suitable Wizards and parties of adventurers. I have found some old friends which I will press into service and save money thereby. The rules are due to arrive tomorrow.Anyone out there tried the rules and what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Saw the rules were out and am interested in your opinion of them , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having the same kind of weather here in NW Ohio. Our plants barely seem to make progress.

    I've read about Frostgrave. It sounds interesting, but I'm not into getting any more rules sets in the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Jan is responding well to treatment. We pray for her in daily mass at St. Brendan in Bothell, WA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my copy of Frostgrave from Caliver this weekend (posted the order on Thursday - rules turned up Saturday morning! excellent service) and had three trial solo games on Sunday. They are quite simple, very fast play but have some depth to them and most importantly are great fun - so much so that the three games are the start of a solo campaign. For scenarios I used encounters from an old D&D dungeon. I didn't use any figures - just pencil and paper like we used to for D&D back in the olden days. Definitely recommended - especially at the price.

    al the best

    Ian

    ReplyDelete