Sunday 26 July 2015

What are you reading this summer?

Here's some of the books  we are reading in the Duchy this summer-
My middle daughter is reading this on our recommendation.It's one of the few novels I wanted to start reading again just after I had finished it.
Eldest's choice and is really enjoying it.
Jan's reading this and I have dipped enjoyably in and out of it.
More enjoyable Church history reading for me filled with devotion and eccentricity too.
Great production values ( love the hardback and size of it) and well written I am enjoying this set of rules too currently.
All I need to do is getting my painting mojo back...
Finally what are you all reading and would recommend?

4 comments:

  1. With the Jocks - Peter White
    The Picts and the Scots - Lloyd & Jenny Laing
    Beyond the Gospels - Roderick Dunkerley
    Welsh Military Institutions 633 - 1283 - Sean Davies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of Neil Thomas' books to get through, along with a growing stack of Mesoamerican-themed material...

    Frostgrave sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small stack of review books to get through. One I read recently which I can recommend is Tigerman by Nick Harkaway. It has a distinctly Pulp-y feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Picts and the Scots sounds interesting.
    I just finished reading/looking at Realms, which is a collection of Tony DiTerlizzi's wonderful artwork from D&D, Magic cards, etc
    Currently reading a book called Sea Monsters, about the various sea monsters on a 16th century map of the North Sea and North Atlantic areas. And a steampunk novel, Dawn's Early Light. And started on RA Salvatore's The Highwayman.
    I also recently finished reading Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology, Dragon Precinct (sort of fantasy noir/crime novel), Enter the Saint by Leslie Charteris, and Waiscoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger.

    ReplyDelete