Saturday 10 October 2020

Using 1935 prints as a reference for imagineering uniforms

 I found some really interesting prints online of French troops in 1935. They provided ideas for uniforms for my French inspired opposition ( still settling on a name for them , all ideas welcome) to the Duchy of Volare Cantare ( my Interwar Italian inspired imagination) which will be used in some company level games using the “Company Fire “ rules by John Y. The prints are of infantry, Chasseurs a Pied and Sapeurs Pompiers , I just couldn’t resist the opportunity for silver helmets! Here are the AIP figures so far with their inspiration.








4 comments:

  1. Those are really nice prints Tradgardmastare. Your AIP figures look great - I know what you mean about the shiny helmets, very nice though probably not too practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny happy people but probably less so under fire...

      Delete
  2. I like the colours, those AIP have certainly opened up so many possibilities!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AIP are lovely figures , well priced and filled with possibilities..

      Delete