Sunday 23 January 2022

Away and Home

 Friday saw me at P’s for an ancient game. P command the Germans and G and myself the might of Rome.Enjoyable and companionable game where success ebbed and flowed ending in a draw. 





Saturday saw an interesting post from Mark-


https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2022/01/22/micro-militaries-or-europes-tiniest-armies-mark-felton-on-youtube/

It reminded me of a book l had looked out for another purpose the other week Here are a couple of pictures from the book-







6 comments:

  1. Glad you got a game in - excellent looking table.
    *
    Great to see the dandy and dapper looking Liechtenstein defence forces of the 1840s/50s. I shall ask my tailor to run me up the costume and then slim and corset myself into it ... those girlish waists!
    I trust the Trad-Home-gard Forces were as well turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new work and leisure wear😊

      Delete
  2. Excellent find in books. The miniatures look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P’s work not mine. The Germans embody a barbarian look to the nth degree, great sculpts and the painting has done them proud.

      Delete
  3. Lovely illustrations. I'm wondering why I don't have this publication in my own library.

    I do like your Roman / German figures too, very nicely painted and the details on the shields are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P’s work not mine. The shield designs are transfers.

    ReplyDelete