Friday 24 May 2024

Back

 Just back tonight from a few days in London.

Having got soaked to the skin ( rain was torrential) we went in here-

Lovely food!
Not expecting rain we were both ill equipped. Sensibly my daughter bought a £3 emergency poncho! I decided not to bother and got soaked as we walked from kings cross via Farringdon to Liberty’s.
Interesting mural very near Liberty London.
War memorial in Liberty London. I was interested how some folk get Mr, Miss or Mrs by their name others did not. I can only summarise that it was management and workers?
Returning to Kings Cross we enjoyed the meal shown above. This was Tuesday, Wednesday would bring my visit to the British Museum and the current Roman exhibition.. 


4 comments:

  1. That is quite a bowl of chips you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was , but mitigated by sharing with my daughter!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Liberty's War Memorial
    I checked CWGC online records and the Miss Mrs Mr are Civilian War Dead (air raid casualties) and the others are Service casualties?
    There is a separate WW1 memorial https://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/39939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, most helpful.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete