Wednesday 27 January 2021

Big in Japan or the tiny men that distracted me

 Thanks to everyone who left such supportive comments on my blog yesterday, they were greatly appreciated. The day passed by not too badly all things considered.

Over the last few days I have been fascinated by these Japanese prints from the very end of the 19th Century. They also provided encouragement to put brush to plastic on these AIP Japanese. I enjoyed the diversion of painting these and will take them forward in the coming days






8 comments:

  1. They almost look like US Marines from the movie, "The Wind and The Lion."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The prints really inspired me to dig deeper into the period.

      Delete
  3. Geek points 1984 Big in Japan Alphaville https://youtu.be/L8YpJb1Ve8s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the name of a Mafia boss Eric?

    ReplyDelete