Tuesday 5 January 2021

Dark Age DBV via Zoom etc

 Yesterday morning saw me doing some reading around these splendid but awful uniforms. They are some of my favourite all time uniforms due to their sheer theatrically. Here they are  ( beneath the Zoom photo) modelled by some reenactors.  




I

The afternoon saw me back on Zoom playing a dark age Ancients game. My regular opponent and Zoom host was giving his newly painted Irish a first time out on the battlefield. Their opponents were Saxons. The Irish have lots of javelin armed fellows ( defined as peltasts in the rules ) and some blades. Due to some consistently awful dice throwing ( and of course my tactical genius, goes without saying) the Saxons won relatively easily. A rematch is scheduled for Friday.


 

4 comments:

  1. Fascinated by the uniforms - very odd and hard to paint I expect .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know when the current trial bunch are finished...

      Delete
  2. Yep. Ugly as sin. On the plus side, every one had ugly uniforms...

    Looking forward to seeing this project on the table.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see the Russian uniforms for the same period, even cooler!

    ReplyDelete