Friday 13 November 2020

A mighty pile

One of yesterday’s tasks was to dust then find a shelf for these books that had lain around without a proper home-    

The Irish one and the one on Van Eyck came for my birthday, which seems so long ago now , almost another age. The Irish one is hard to read as it is so heavy but it full of excellent graphics and maps not to mention text. The top of the pile is a volume on uniforms of Switzerland in the mid 18th century to mid 19th century. It was an indulgent present to myself  a few years ago. Now they have a home they will be enjoyed more. 



10 comments:

  1. An excellent and varied haul, along with yesterday's wargames reading shelf. A well stocked larder for the mind in winter and lockdown ... the reassuring equivalent of having a couple of boxes of Airfix figures in store. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there tradgardmastare,

    That is two delightful hauls to keep you sane and stimulated over the winter season. You have reminded me that I need to revisit my book cupboard for the same reason! I like the look of the Swiss uniform book - plenty of inspiration there methinks!

    All the best and take care,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Swiss book is a terrific one. Fascinating uniforms. I will do a post about it soon.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alan- Yes indeed you have a good stock there of reading material to keep you going through the Scottish Winter. I have a few treasured books - just a handful- which is enough for me- most of my reading now is done on the Internet with Blogging etc - most enjoyable. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online reading is most enjoyable too. So handy these days.

      Delete
  4. The comfort of books.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a varied collection in just a few books. Do you read Swedish as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish, I got it for the illustrations. I am linguistically challenged and have no real aptitude for languages.

      Delete