Thursday 12 November 2020

A very useful day.



 Today was mainly spent sorting things out. I archived ( which means stored away sensibly) old paper work and dealt with some things from the time Jan died. Cards, letters etc needed to be put away to be looked at later. It was a bright sunny day which helped. I also sorted gaming stuff putting away things for projects I am not working on. The shed too was worked on and a book shelf brought into my bedroom. As there will hopefully be four of us here in December I needed to prepare a quiet place to read. Here is my choice of books moved through-





As I mentioned in my previous post I set up a encounter battle ( using The Portable Napoleonic Wargame rules with syw amendments) which will feature D’Olley’s Jaegers in action for the first time. They were a kind gift ages ago from Phil. They have joined the Reichsarmee and are scouting ahead as the Austrians are nearby...



17 comments:

  1. Tradgardmastare,

    I was pleased to see so many of my books on your shelf!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will get myself another before too long...

      Delete
  2. That's a nice little library! The Charles Grant and Terry Wise books on the right-hand end are where I started, still got them!
    Hope we can see the outcome of the SYW game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The Grant one with with Airfix ww2 figures and tanks on Bellona terrain. The Wise one ( in which I have passed morale charts, firing charts which I must have got somewhere and wrote out by hand) with Airfix ACW figures.
      I will indeed post the outcome.

      Delete
  3. I recognise several of those titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve got most of the classics on there. Good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A worthy choice of books to have close to hand. (Oddly enough many of them appear on my 'ready to hand shelf'.)

    The PSYW setup looks good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very close at hand now for me too. Thanks for the game comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bookshelf bears more than just a passing resemblance to one of mine! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little game in progress and what a fine book collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice collection of books, which I think I have copies of on my own shelves.

    I couldn't see Practical Wargaming by Charles Wesencraft which was the book that got me into wargaming dice (after Little Wars). It is very much recommended as good read and years ahead of its time in some rule sets...

    ReplyDelete