Monday 20 November 2023

Ace of base etc

 Spent part of Sunday basing my Scandanavian/ Germanic Bronze Age zinnfiguren-

Need another coat or two on the bases upon reflection.

Also found the box I bought April 2020-


I realised part of the reason the project stalled-
I was overwhelmed by the amount of flash on the figures as shown above and below-
What would be the best way to get rid of the flash and with what tool ?I have a horror of tiny bits of metal which probably stems from reading too many posters in scan waiting rooms. 



7 comments:

  1. Lovely animated figures! Tin snips or plastic sprue cutters along with fine needle files should gently do the flash job. I do this job over large sheets of (news) paper to catch any bits, I often wear a craft apron as well (usually to keep the paint off.) If you are worried about eyes, put some lab safety goggles or even ordinary glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps, send them down to me and I will De-Flash them and return them.

      Delete
    2. Great suggestions and a most kind offer but l feel I ought to give it a go myself. ..
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. If it comes to it I would unflashen some for you too. Many hands make light work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind offer but I feel I ought to give it a go myself.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Another idea, I will try that too.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. It the 'spikes' are too thick to remove easily with a craft knife then side-cutters will do the job. Then clean up with fine-ish files. Given the ease with which whitemetal clogs up files I usually use some of the cheapo diamond files.

    ReplyDelete