Wednesday 29 November 2023

Eighteenth century amphibious warfare, of a sort…

 A fascinating blog post this morning on the first German submarine-

http://warsoflouisxiv.blogspot.com/2023/11/steinhude-pike.html

Led me to find this fascinating example of eighteenth century invention-









This crying out to be modelled and used on the Wargames table, even as a vignette. Others may see it as the change to raise a fascinating light infantry unit. 54mm, 28mm or even 10/6 mm it would look great…






6 comments:

  1. Oh , my! It's so evocative! You are right, as I was scrolling I was just thinking of how to bring these on a board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d love to see that!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. How extraordinary - what next, the military swan necked pedalo? (Happy St. Andrews Day for today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! Thanks!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete