Sunday 5 November 2023

Swim

 Yesterday was a better day weather wise. Dry and the sun actually shone . I accompanied my middle daughter to Aberdour as she wanted to swim in the sea there. This was a daily occurrence for her in Cornwall but this is the first time she has sea swum in Scotland.





A welcome post swim cuppa made and carried for her in the rucksack.

I also was there to watch the kit whilst she was in the water and offer moral support. I was delighted to do this. Home via the newly rebranded coffee shop formerly known as Blend-


I returned home to do a little painting whilst listening to the death throes of English Cricket on the radio. This was followed by another enjoyable gathering of the Virtual Wargames Club on Zoom. A splendid weekly gathering and one I always look forward to. It was particularly nice to see Ross Macfarlane there as I have followed his inspirational blog for many years now. A good day!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave girl! Was the water warmer or colder than in Cornwall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Colder!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Looks don’t deceive in this case.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Good on her - I am sure the water in Cornwall is considerably warmer, with the Gulf Stream etc. Last time I was back in Scotland, I tried to swim in the N Sea at Lunan Bay but I only got up to my waist - it was so bloody cold, I was worried if I dived under, I might have a heart attack! The South Pacific in Rarotonga, where I was swimming a few weeks ago, was much more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Pacific does sound a better option, says the non swimmer.
      Alan Tradgar

      Delete
  5. Good girl! I suppose the sea has only just started to get colder in the last month. We were taught in Geography that the sea lags the land by a month or two.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Saturday - your daughter is made of tough stuff; I bet that water was cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was , she is and it certainly was.Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  7. Brrrr..... one of my colleagues regularly swims in the sea on the Northumberland coast which always looks absolutely baltic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr is the word.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  8. Much more than her father!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete