Monday 29 April 2024

Yesterday

 Yesterday saw me , aided by daughter number two, bringing order to chaos. In other words do some gardening. The wet weather has meant yesterday was the first grass cut of the season. After that was done we worked on the back area near the shed-

My daughter’s hard work in bringing order to chaos. The station and track are ready to be moved to a new home at some point. It would be great to have some progress on this over the summer…
A new friend discovered near the back of the garden and the pond.
Action photo taken unbeknown to me.
Also over the weekend l am trying to weed out the books ( making sure not to get  of those l would be tempted to buy again) l will never read again or have lost interest in. A few hobby items have been looked out too. I want to downsize a bit as well as making room for new collections. Don’t know how long this impetus will last , on all fronts, but l am trying…


11 comments:

  1. Great work on the garden - I managed to get my own lawn cut yesterday just in time for no-mow May; give those pollinating insects a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, well done you too.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Weeding in doors sounds easier than outdoors - just potentially painful in a different way.
    This week will see gardening unless it rains all week like yesterday.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed re books.
      Hope the gardening goes well for you..
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Feeling a bit guilty as I should have been gardening as well - instead I painted toy soldiers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some one has to do it, well done!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Weeding books etc is much more difficult. Despite the clear outs of recent years my bookshelves and the toy cupboard are still full. It's almost as if I were acquiring new stuff as fast as I'm clearing it. But that would be ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surviving the process so far…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  5. Weeding out here too. Must be something in the air. Lots of figures gone to friends. Books to charity shops. Including hundreds if 80s fantasy paperbacks that were only being kept for nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends , charities and fanasty fans will have much to thank you for.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  7. First photo looks interesting with some tracks and station building (?)!
    Is it 16mm scale and 32mm gauge?? I hope you get around to it and it would be very interesting to follow your progress.

    I'll also have to do some necessary gardening around my garden railway. -I should post a blog-update on it tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete