Saturday 17 August 2024

That was the week that was.

 Another good week of guiding has finished. A daily commute to Edinburgh to do so reminded me of my working days. I have met lots of interesting visitors not to mention my fellow guides. I also tried some of the splendid street food available near John Lewis such as this-

Walking to and fro the bus l saw this hollyhock bedecked house. It reminded me of Danish houses which have this plant in the garden.
I haven’t lifted a paintbrush or done any hobby stuff for over a week. My mojo has gone and the Lower Canadian figures look askance at me as I pass by.
Last night my three daughters and friends were in London to see Taylor Swift. They evidently had a wonderful time. Arriving from various corners of the UK they successfully rendezvoused at a hotel . 
With the television free for once l decided to rent “ Civil War” and watched it. I don’t know what I was expecting but not what I got. Still trying to work out what I made of it…
I will be interested to read your comments on the film.

2 comments:

  1. Saw it in the cinema and thought at times was a spectacle. Not exactly an enjoyable watch but fascinating certainly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from London taking granddaughter to see Taylor Swift!!!!

    ReplyDelete