Sunday 1 March 2020

Civilian repairs

Finished some civilian figures. As today is St David’s Day I imagine them on a narrow gauge railway in Wales. Here they are-
As I am awaiting heads for the highlanders I have left them aside today and worked on some others.
 The chap on the left came to me without a hand and very bent over in stance, almost crushed. I imagine he was a porter. I added a rifle to him ( defending the station against invasion) and  added a dog which fitted in well with his stance.  The next figure came to me minus an arm. I have chosen to give him a rifle at trail arm, again ready to defend the railway.  The next figure is a local farmer and was just a little bashed about. He just needed a coat of paint and steadier base. Finally a tramp. He came to me missing most of his back. I filled the hole and added his worldly goods in the form of a ball of glue soaked paper. I think he is a spy in disguise and will use him as such. All in a an enjoyable wee project.

2 comments:

  1. Full of charm! The dog is a very nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine figures full of character and well repaired. I pity the invaders of the LWR (Little Wars Railway) https://sidetracked2017blog.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/one-rifle-and-a-hundred-bullets-please/

    ReplyDelete