Thursday 30 April 2020

McVities Gurkhas etc

Yesterday I finished these Gurkhas which are Copplestone Castings. They were in the shed with the figures I posted here yesterday. They are splendidly sculpted and cast. I really like their uniforms.
They will form part of Tradgardistan Force. They are commanded by Captain McVitie, a Scotsman from the Lothians. 
When I was growing up I often went to my father’s office to get a lift home after school. One of his partners was called Mr McVitie and he had commanded Gurkhas during the war. Sadly I never found out any more about him or asked him anything, it just wasn’t the done thing.  So I have named my officer after him.
I also finished the opposition so far-
I am pleased with how they came out. One or two additions have been ordered to allow a small but hopefully entertaining Portable Wargame to take place. Tradgardistan Force will be getting some kilted infantry, a radio on a mule ( just couldn’t resist) and a carrier mounted machine gun. Air support is here already in the form of my interwar biplanes purchase of some time ago. The locals will be getting some more riflemen and a mortar. 


6 comments:

  1. Great figures and a really interesting project for the PCW - I really like the sound of the radio mounted on a mule!
    At least something is back to normal - it's cold, grey and wet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wireless is a splendid model. The grey broke away to sun later here thankfully.

      Delete
  2. Nicely painted up figures Alan- look forward to seeing a game or two in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking figures. Portable wargame in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, weather permitting I do fancy taking gaming outdoors.

      Delete