Wednesday 26 July 2023

A visitor

 I have a number of low pots in the garden specifically for growing Alpines in. Recently l noticed that someone or something had been digging up the plants ( low growing ground cover) in one pot. I was surprised, intrigued and a little annoyed. Yesterday found out who had been at work-



Still not sure why this pot, I certainly have not been burying nuts in it. The others are untouched. Any suggestions?

P.s managed to make up another twelve figures for my French army from an overlooked sprue and bits from other ones. They are armed with bills, halberds or spears. That takes me to a respectable 400 AP. 

Yesterday also saw me trying to clear up after the tree felling. I was using my hedge knife to cut up the branches. I reflected on the fact it was rather bill like and was glad not to have been on the receiving end of such a weapon or have had to use it in battle. Lethal !

6 comments:

  1. Squirrel is probably burying nuts for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemed to be digging up rather than burying…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. James Shepherd26 July 2023 at 18:52

    How marvellous, a squirrel! Always puts me in mind of Rubert Bear and his pals. I think they struggle for food at this time of year, too early for nuts and no doubt eaten last year's horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw a hedgehog the next day early in the morning too.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. You could put out some peanuts in a bird feeder to decoy Squirrel Nutkin away from your plants. Wish we could work out a way to keep a bloomin' groundhog from eating our lettuces...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cunning plan. I have problems with slugs who eat anything.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete