Saturday 8 July 2023

Yesterday

 Yesterday saw me gardening, sorting things out in the house and assembling.

The sea holiday is looking resplendent this year and I am delighted by it . My driveway is weed and plant free for the first time in goodness knows how long.
I assembled two boxes of Perry Plastic ACW cavalry , undercoated them and later in the day managed to get a good start on coats and trousers. Although there is superglue in the picture I did not use it. Instead I used plastic cement which is a joy to work with , doesn’t stick my fingers to anything and hardens in seconds.
All the above activities took place whilst listening to the Ashes on wireless. Terrific cricket, commentary and entertainment. 
Recently a friend at school recommended I watch the Tour de France documentary on Netflix. Readers of this blog know of my fascination for military cycling and also the fact I haven’t been on a bicycle since early childhood. I have no balance at all. Incidentally I tried to persuade Jan to let me get a Christiana Bike  , which we had seen in action in Denmark, in order I could do the family shop or transport the kids. She wasn’t keen at all and the idea was dropped. Anyway I watched the TdF documentary and found myself hooked. It was a revelation to me and utterly engrossing. So l am , as a result, thoroughly enjoying the daily highlights on tv. It is well worth a watch.


2 comments:

  1. As it happens I haven't the balance ride a bike either, something I've long regretted. There's a lot of pleasure in a garden at this time of year though weeding isn't one of my favourite activities. A plastic solvent is much the better option. I've never cared that much for superglue due to the brittleness of the joints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting seeing you rode horses. Gardens are a joy and also quite an effort. I just spend a long time weeding and I tend to agree. The plastic cement is soo much better. The brittleness is a pain. My friend’s spears and shields are constantly needing repaired as they ping off left, right and centre…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete