Thursday 6 July 2023

Go West…

 Yesterday saw me take the bus westbound for Glasgow. Although Edinburgh born and bred l have always found Glasgow an exciting place to visit. I got off the bus in the bus station and decided to walk to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. An enjoyable walk through interesting streets , past the glorious Sikh Temple and to the area around the Uni. The sun came out and it actually got really warm. The Kelvingrove never disappoints and is like an old friend. I recall it when my children were small and we lived in the West for a year, when visiting exhibitions with my daughters like the Mucha one and when wanting to see old friends in the flesh. Old friends like this-

I have loved this painting for as long as I can remember and it never disappoints.
This painting I don’t recall really but it is very intriguing-

A couple of other photos of things that caught my attention yesterday-

The gallery was busy with school holidays and coach loads of visitors from abroad. An enjoyable visit all in all. I stopped on the way there to listen to someone talking to an out of school club outside the Willow Tea Rooms. He was asking them to look carefully at the exterior and see if they could see any squares or circles. He drew his audience in very well indeed. 
So I am resolved to pop back soon to the West , hopefully next time to visit the Cathedral, Transport Museum or perhaps the Burrell Collection…





8 comments:

  1. Edinburgh and Glasgow are two of my favourite cities. There is stained glass from Dudley castle's chapel, which is on my doorstep, in the Burrell collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look out for it when l pop to the Burrell…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was indeed!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. Time well spent! Some very interesting art in your pictures.

    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gallery that always delivers and I always enjoy returning to.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. No.3 - Interesting female Metropolis style (30s? Modernist? Princess Leia?) robot

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is and I was reminded of Metropolis too. I believe it depicts Eostre.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete