Friday 21 July 2023

Glossed and ready for flocking

 With the sound of the Test in my ears l finally got 99% of my 15th Century French Ordonnance DBM Army ( all that is left to finish are the Minifigs and there are only six of them) gloss varnished and ready to flock tomorrow-

Gloss varnish, you might ask, what else l might say! I am not a huge fan of flocked basing but I am proceeding with it as that is how my Burgundian opponents were based by their owner. As we speak a litre of pva is on its way…

The French artillery are from Duc Phillipe D’Olly who painted them, based them and most generously gave them to me many years ago. Thanks Phil, they will hopefully take to the wargaming table finally!

4 comments:

  1. A splendid looking force. I'm intrigued by the colourful marine units - what are they for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re marine units watch this space…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. The bases are already looking good!
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree re artillery basing but want a unified army look so they will get flocked too.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete