Tuesday 18 July 2023

Put out more flags etc

 The other day saw me flagging, not in the sense of exhaustion but rather more in terms of paper and glue-


Most came from the instruction sheets that come with the Perry Plastic boxes of figures. I have decided that a fifteenth century French Ordonance vibe is what l would go for rather than slavish authenticity. I also decided that I would not spend on new flags. If you can’t be with the flags you love, love the ones you have. Any way they work for me. Secondly l looked at the relative height of Minifigs and Perry-

With a double height base I think these old veterans will serve well . They will be mounted on a single base with frontage of sixty millimetres and depth of forty millimetres. One glorious old school element of uncontrolled chivalry with heads firmly looking to the past…


4 comments:

  1. Lots of flags - excellent!
    The double height base idea is nice and will help the old chaps blend in with the new giants; it will also make them a bit more imposing if played with (proper!) 25mm figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s just how I feel.
    Thanks for commenting on the double base , gives me confidence to proceed…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flags look fine to me as a layman to that period. A bit of equity on double or single basing height also works well. A fresh lease of life for these venerable old figures ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed re the double basing . It will certainly enable these veterans to join in the fun on the tabletop.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete