Sunday 9 July 2017

Hols

On holiday now. Yesterday ( with the sunne present for once) I spent much of the day cutting the grass and weeding,redeeming the wilderness but not too much. I was accompanied in this by a radio on an extension cable with Test Match Special.

I am pleased with the result. I also watched an interesting film- "Free state of Jones" which is well worth a watch. Today the weather has returned to a cold wet norm and I have been painting figures, accompanied once more by T.M.S. Nearly two years ago I got these rules-
and have yet to use them. I feel they would be just right for some skirmishes set in the late 17th century in Tradgardland.I will give them a go with the figures currently on the painting table. Anyone used them and what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I wish the weather down here would return to a cold wet norm....I'm burning up! Glad you are pootling along ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot, or cold, there is nothing quite like the long, lazy days of Summer. Enjoy!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently bought/downloaded the PDF version of these rules and have given them a cursory read-through. They look like they might be fun and I've read some very positive reviews of them online. However, the players in my area who've tried the rules found them wanting, but I think it's a matter of taste rather than a determination that there are deficiencies in the rules. I intend to give them a try as an occasional alternative to The Pikeman's Lament.

    ReplyDelete