I was inspired by this picture and a find in the shed ( another two Mythical Earth dragons, ta BC) to do a sort of Gondolin inspired battle and return to the First Age of Middle Earth. Set it up this morning-
I have always really liked this illustration and found it one where you see something more every time you look at it.The elves arrayed for battle…
The Elvish Lord ( hero ) and mysterious Red Wizard ( my addition cause l just found him , ta BC again) ready to lead the army.
Close up of the Balrog and his three dragons.
Wolves on the flanks waiting to get tore into the elves.
A steady line of elves wait for the onslaught bows at the ready.
I intend to play this over the coming week. Finally a shout out to
for the rules !







Nice set up for an interesting game, Alan.
ReplyDeleteI'd guess I'll have to take a look at Maudlin Jack's rules.
The Portable Wargame books are all well with a buy, full og gaming goodness and ideas. Highly recommended.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Wonderful stuff Alan! Tabling three dragons is VERY impressive.
ReplyDeleteI've always enjoyed this picture too, especially the Balrog herding dragons, and the Orc (front left hand page) with the big pack on his back who is looking at the viewer
Glad you liked it. The illustration is fascinating and inspiring too.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Enjoy the game, commander! The fantasy Portable Wargame is a great set of rules 🙂👍.
ReplyDeleteThank. Quite agree.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Think the Elves are up against it, but surely good will prevail!
ReplyDeleteEleven didn’t stand a chance . They retired to fight another day.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
"A Steady Line Of Elves"...sounds like the name of a possibly great set of fantasy wargame rules, actually. Never mind the fact I prefer Orcs and Gobbos, I like the figures you've got there.
ReplyDeleteNot that they might not make a nice snack for the Orcs, mind...
Eric
A great title for rules. Fun figures. Glad you appreciated them.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Super set up and should be a great game.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Absolutely fantastic, I really love it all
ReplyDeleteThanks. Makes Old Hammer seem modern. 😂😂😂
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland