Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Indebted

 I am indebted to a reader of this blog who kindly brought the magazines from which the below articles come from. He brought them for me to photograph at Claymore. Thank you. I post them here so you all can enjoy.









10 comments:

  1. Hi Alan,

    Splendid sharing! It’s always marvellous to see classic wargaming material preserved and shared like this—hats off to the reader who brought them along to Claymore for you to photograph.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree re disseminating the hobby’s heritage. Hats off indeed!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  2. Didn't a manufacturer at the time receive a cease and desist from Airfix for producing conversions like this in metal? Maybe the very early days of Minifigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that is interesting and news to me. Anyone know more…
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  3. I still have those issues - I remember the article on converting figures to Han Chinese, all the talk of the mysterious banana oil and using drawing pin shields...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classics one and all.
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete
  4. Ah ! the olden days when magazines had REAL articles in them , not the glossy twaddle we get now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooooo Trueeee!
      Alan Tradgardland

      Delete