The adventures of an 18th century imagination, located in Northern Europe formerly ruled over by joint rulers Duke Karl Frederick and Duchess Liv.Not to mention the American colony of Ny Tradgardland the 17th century Colony of New Tradgardstadt and the newly restored territory of the Shetland Isles.
Featuring a supporting bill of gaming in a diversity of times,places and scales.Hopefully something to interest all who pop by...
I know what you mean. Part of me loves the films part of me the opposite. I joined the “Wargaming in Middle Earth “ FB group which is specifically for non GW gaming . It is a very creative group where there are lots of different visions of ME based upon the books not the films. Mythical Earth figures will always have a place in my heart but l do game Middle Earth with other figures , for example my Laketown, The Hobbit project in 28mm using dark age figures such as Rus etc. Alan Tradgardland
Lovely whimsical figures and still my favourite Fantasy range. Good to see a couple of the orcs have the mark of Minas Morgul on their shields - I haven't seen that done for 50+ years!
They are whimsical and fun indeed. The elves wear pixie boots which l recall people wearing in the 70s. They MM design was on the figures when I got them. I was delighted to see it. I may have a wee go myself., Alan Tradgardland
Thanks. Excellent value indeed. To be honest l have rebuilt my collection at a fair price, avoiding paying inflated prices which can occur on eBay. I am fortunate that they are a niche interest and that is reflected in the price, being a little basic in terms of sculpts for many . Alan Tradgardland
I am delighted to see them on the table too. I changed my mind re simple green bases and have gone for a more modern look . I hope to replicate this through out the Mythical Earth collection over time. Super nostalgic goodness indeed. Alan Tradgardland
What a wonderful dose of nostalgic charm! There's a real magic to those classic, pre-film fantasy sculpts, and updating the bases with a modern finish really makes the figures pop off the table. A cracking addition to the Mythical Earth collection!
They look well Alan. You may not have to pay Ebay prices. There seem to be a good few of them still available from Caliver. http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=3&CategoryID=35&SubCategoryID=269
Fun!
ReplyDeleteThey definitely look old school (because they are, of course).
Thanks! They certainly are.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Interesting how, thanks to Peter Jackson, we have a certain image of the characters and creatures now.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. Part of me loves the films part of me the opposite. I joined the “Wargaming in Middle Earth “ FB group which is specifically for non GW gaming . It is a very creative group where there are lots of different visions of ME based upon the books not the films. Mythical Earth figures will always have a place in my heart but l do game Middle Earth with other figures , for example my Laketown, The Hobbit project in 28mm using dark age figures such as Rus etc.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Lovely whimsical figures and still my favourite Fantasy range.
ReplyDeleteGood to see a couple of the orcs have the mark of Minas Morgul on their shields - I haven't seen that done for 50+ years!
They are whimsical and fun indeed. The elves wear pixie boots which l recall people wearing in the 70s. They MM design was on the figures when I got them. I was delighted to see it. I may have a wee go myself.,
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Lovely figures and an interesting take on LotR
ReplyDeleteThanks . Iconic figures imho.
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Looking good - and not bad value at 6.5p each 😀
ReplyDeleteThanks. Excellent value indeed. To be honest l have rebuilt my collection at a fair price, avoiding paying inflated prices which can occur on eBay. I am fortunate that they are a niche interest and that is reflected in the price, being a little basic in terms of sculpts for many .
DeleteAlan Tradgardland
Great to see them on the table, super nostalgic goodness!!!
ReplyDeleteI am delighted to see them on the table too. I changed my mind re simple green bases and have gone for a more modern look . I hope to replicate this through out the Mythical Earth collection over time. Super nostalgic goodness indeed.
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland
Hi Alan,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful dose of nostalgic charm! There's a real magic to those classic, pre-film fantasy sculpts, and updating the bases with a modern finish really makes the figures pop off the table. A cracking addition to the Mythical Earth collection!
All the best, Andy
Alan, not sure if you've seen my earlier message but I could swing across the Forth to Fife during the week. I need to know your postal address.
ReplyDeleteJim
Splendid paintwork Alan!
ReplyDeleteThey look well Alan. You may not have to pay Ebay prices. There seem to be a good few of them still available from Caliver. http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=3&CategoryID=35&SubCategoryID=269
ReplyDeleteThey look grand Alan. Is it the hobbits carrying the ice-cream cones? (Sorry, could not resist!)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Delightful minis indeed, I really enjoy this kind of approach to Middle Earth :)
ReplyDelete