Difficult times with blogger currently. A post to see how many views and comments it gets.
Seen the shed this morning, had it ten years now, nothing done with it. Any suggestions? Would it make a layout in a box ? Charity Shop?Currently reading this account of Cyprus ‘74 and finding it interesting. In my twenties l was a big reader of Evelyn Waugh’s novels. Picked up a copy of Sword of Honour trilogy twenty years ago as all my EW books had gone . Enjoyed it. Still on the shelves but l couldn’t face a big book so got this the other day. Enjoying it so far. I feel EW still has much to offer me…
Fun with flags ahead with these flags. Starting on the sheets this afternoon…
Let’s hope things settle down with blogger very soon for all of us.



As a much younger Steve the Wargamer I had the experience of coming back through Cyprus on an RAF VC10, landing at RAF Akrotiri to refuel at the height of the troubles - still remember the uproar and panic to this day...
ReplyDeleteI found your recent blog-update by clicking at your blog where I found this update. At the blog-links on my own blog it was still showing an older post. Did you try to manually refresh your blog-feed?
ReplyDeleteThe starter set is definitely a keep. It can provide so much fun.
In my blog link list, your blog shows the 'model railway show photos' as the most recent.
DeleteBlog Rolls are still not working. Everything on mine is c 4 days old or more. Except Palouse Wargaming Journal for some reason. So I had to go through the old links and click on home for each blog.
ReplyDeleteI see you have one of Balkan Dave's books there. Do you follow his blog?
I use Feedly, which shows me all of the latest posts for the blogs I follow. I haven't read anything by Waugh. Maybe I should give him a try one of these days.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a keep for the trainset - for either a traditional round-and-round layout or (with the help of a couple of bits of a track, a shunting layout on a shelf!
ReplyDeleteI just have various blogs bookmarked and click on one to go to it so can't help with the problem. I have been experiencing problems with commenting; I usually have to click on 'publish' twice to leave a comment here. Considering how widespread the problem seems to be there's surprisingly little on the internet about possible causes.
ReplyDeleteLongtime reader, first time poster.
ReplyDeleteI host my own RSS-aggregator (on an old dualcore laptop as server) since a few years to fight the enshittification of *gestures vaguely towards the internet*. I never miss any automagical updates that sites are supposed to send out as Miniflux pulls queries everything I follow every 15 minutes.
Everyone is reporting that blogger stopped working for blogposts about 4 days ago with a few slipping through after that...
ReplyDeleteSupposedly Google are working on it but it hasn't worked properly for months so who knows....
Sorry, that should be blogrolls
ReplyDeleteLove those flags! My blogroll hasn't updated any posts since 8th September, seems to be widespread.
ReplyDeleteUs the OO/HO train and track in a VBCW scenario ?
ReplyDeleteI think I can post comments.
ReplyDeleteEric
Could explain why visits to my blog seem t have crashed since about the 12th...
ReplyDeleteHi Alan, have a look at my blog (and email to VWC) for Jon F:s suggested work-around , which will hopefully help you get blogger going again!
ReplyDelete