Thursday, 9 May 2019

Marker pens?

What marker pens to you use to add detail,lining on figures? Thanks.


  1. I use this brand.

  2. I use Staedtler Pigment Liner pens - usually 0.3 thickness which I think I bought from Rymans

  3. I don't. I either try to leave some of the black undercoating in place or just use a small brush and a product like Army Painter Strong Tone.
    Now I'm wondering if I _should_ use a highlighter pen?

    1. I mostly use mine for drawing the lines on kilts in 54mm and I use a gold paint pen for a lot of gold decoration on figures..

  4. I use a plain and simple Sharpie bought in ASDA.

    It's not perfect but does the basics.

    It's important not to line until the underlying paint is completely dry otherwise the nib will clog up with paint.

    Historically I used to use a Rotring pen but they are expensive now.